Click HERE to Register Online!
Quarry Crusher Run & Walk Chicago
June 14, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
Location: Vulcan Materials Quarry, McCook Quarry
6111 East Ave. Hodgkins, IL 60525
Proceeds benefit Folds of Honor
Join us in Chicago at McCook Quarry, Vulcan’s largest facility in the United States, as we host Chicago’s Quarry Crusher Run & Walk. This is not your typical trail event.
- 3.2 mile (or 5.6 mile Double Crusher) run & walk
- Challenging limestone surface course
- Experience inclines/declines of up to 11%
- Descend nearly 300 feet down into the earth
- See the innerworkings of an active limestone quarry
The limestone rock course will take you past towering rock features as you descend nearly 300 feet to the bottom. This is a rare opportunity to experience hills in Chicago while getting to see the inner workings of limestone quarry that’s produced construction aggregates for more than 150 years. Vulcan’s products form the building blocks of Chicagoland’s roads, bridges, homes, hospitals, schools, office buildings and infrastructure.
Open to runners and walkers 16 years and older only. Event proceeds will benefit Folds of Honor, an organization that provides educational scholarships to the children and spouses of fallen and disabled service men and women.
REGISTRATION PRICE (includes official t-shirt and finisher’s medal)
Quarry Crusher Run & Walk (approx. 3.2 miles) – $40
Double Crusher Run & Walk (approx. 5.6 miles) – $50
SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
Want to rock the Vulcan Quarry Crusher Run & Walk at more than one location?
We offer discounts for series participants and exclusive 3X Medals for anyone completing three or more in one year.
Register for two or more and receive 35% OFF.
Series runners register HERE
Want to organize a team? We’ll help with discounts and special team t-shirts.
See team requirements here.
IMPORTANT RACE INFO:
- Participants receive an official race t-shirt, commemorative finisher’s medal and, of course, bragging rights. Shirts only guaranteed for participants registered two weeks prior.
- 8:00 a.m. start time for Quarry Crusher Run & Walk and Double Crusher Run & Walk.
- All runners and walkers must complete the race by 10 a.m.
- For your safety and theirs, NO dogs and NO strollers allowed. No bicycles, in-line skates, and other wheeled vehicles.
- All participants must be 16 and older.
- All participants must complete the route in 2 hours. Course closes at 10:30 a.m.
- All registrations are non-refundable
- Event is held rain or shine
Traveling N/B on I55 into Chicago: Exit right at 279B onto Northbound La Grange Rd (Hwy 45). Travel 1.1 miles on Northbound La Grange Rd to W 63rd St. Turn right onto W 63rd St. Parking will be on the left 0.4 miles on W 63rd St.
Traveling S/B on I55 away from Chicago: Exit right at 279B onto Northbound La Grange Rd (Hwy 45). Travel 1.1 miles on Northbound La Grange Rd to W 63rd St. Turn right onto W 63rd St. Parking will be on the left 0.4 miles on W 63rd St.
Traveling N/B on I294: Exit right at 23B onto St. Louis/Wolf Road exit. Stay left onto wolf road exit lane. Turn right onto wolf road at the end of the exit ramp. Travel 0.2 miles on Wolf Road and then turn right onto Joliet Road. Travel 1.7 miles on Joliet Road to La Grange Road. Turn right onto Southbound La Grange Road. Travel 0.2 miles and turn left onto W 63rd St. Parking will be on the left 0.4 miles on W 63rd St.
Traveling S/B on I294: Exit right at the I55 Stevenson Expy Exit to Chicago-St. Louis. After passing the toll-booth, continue on straight in the middle lane for the Joliet Road Exit. After passing the exit for I55 South to St. Louis, take the next exit on the right for Joliet Road. Travel on Joliet Road for 2.2 miles to La Grange Road. Turn right onto Southbound La Grange Road. Travel 0.2 miles and turn left onto W 63rd St. Parking will be on the left 0.4 miles on W 63rd St.