Wow! You all ROCK!
The amount of support and interest in the first-ever Quarry Crusher Run in Chicago at the Vulcan Materials Company McCook Quarry has been overwhelmingly positive. Thank you! The response has exceeded our expectations which translates to more money being raised for Folds of Honor – Chicago Chapter.
So here’s the thing… because of the stunning response, as of FRIDAY, we reached our capacity for runners to receive t-shirts and medals on race day. DO NOT WORRY! You will STILL receive your shirt and medal. It will be mailed directly to you after the race.
We sincerely hope that this will not deter you from coming out and supporting a great organization – Folds of Honor – and that you will still sign up for the race and join us for a record-setting first-year event.
Click HERE to Register Online!
Quarry Crusher Run & Walk Chicago
June 23, 2019 at 8:00a.m.
Location: Vulcan Materials Quarry, McCook Quarry
6111 East Ave. Hodgkins, IL 60525
Proceeds benefit Folds of Honor
Join us in Chicago at McCook Quarry, Vulcan’s largest facility in the United States, as we host Chicago’s first-ever Quarry Crusher Run & Walk. This is not your typical trail event.
- 3.2 mile (or 5.6 mile Double Crusher) run & walk
- Challenging limestone surface course
- Experience inclines/declines of up to 11%
- Descend nearly 300 feet down into the earth
- See the innerworkings of an active limestone quarry
The limestone rock course will take you past towering rock features as you descend nearly 300 feet to the bottom. This is a rare opportunity to experience hills in Chicago while getting to see the inner workings of limestone quarry that’s produced construction aggregates for more than 150 years. Vulcan’s products form the building blocks of Chicagoland’s roads, bridges, homes, hospitals, schools, office buildings and infrastructure.
Open to runners and walkers 16 years and older only. Event proceeds will benefit Folds of Honor, an organization that provides educational scholarships to the children and spouses of fallen and disabled service men and women.
REGISTRATION PRICE (includes official t-shirt and finisher’s medal)
Quarry Crusher (3.2 miles) Run/Walk to the bottom then back to the top – $40
Double Crusher (5.6 miles) Run/Walk route twice – $50
Click HERE to Register Online!
The Quarry Crusher Run is a national series and we offer discounts for runners who participate in more than one race, EXCLUSIVE 3X Medals for anyone completing three or more in one year.
Register for TWO or MORE and receive 35% OFF!
Register for the Series HERE
SLEEP IN & DONATE
Can’t join us on race day but still want to support the event and our community partner?
Choose to Sleep in and DONATE HERE!
IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHEN YOU SIGN UP:
- Start times – 8 a.m. for Quarry Crusher Run & Walk and Double Crusher Run & Walk
- All race distances are approximate. Because this is a working quarry, the terrain is always changing.
- Walkers are welcome. All participants must complete the race by 10 a.m.
- T-shirts guaranteed only for participants registered two weeks prior to race day
- For their safety and yours, no dogs and no strollers allowed
- All participants must be 16 and older
- For packet pick up, check out our Packet Pickup PAGE
WANT TO START A TEAM?
Special discounts and t-shirts just for your team!
CLICK HERE for Team Rules and Regs!