I love listening to music when I run. I don’t always do it, sometimes I like the silence, but when I do, I usually follow the same template for music tempos. I firmly believe (and there are a lot of experts who agree with me) that you have to control the first half of any run with an easy, “conversational” pace – making your body go slower than it wants. This allows for a nice warm up and conserves your energy. Once you hit the halfway point, however, it’s go-time.
I have taken the liberty of putting together a 5 mile playlist that will allow you to have an amazing run and will support you emotionally along the way. This playlist is designed so you can take it easy for the first half and then bang it out for the finish. Enjoy!
5 Miles of Glorious Tunes: (9:22 pace)
- White Winter Hymnal – Fleet Foxes
- Summersong – the Decemberists
- Dreamworld – Rilo Kiley
- 1957 – Milo Greene
- Modern Jesus – Portugal the Man
- Lights – Ellie Goulding
- Galaxie – Blind Melon
- Come and Get it – Selena Gomez
- Shake it Out – Florence and the Machine
- Daydreamer – Young the Giant
- Carried Away – Passion Pit
- Unbelievers – Vampire Weekend
- Hey Brother – AVICII